Space launched the UEFA Euro 2016 Trophy Tour on Saturday. The experience will run from April 1 to June 9 2016, serving as a vital part of the build up to Euro 2016 which kicks off on 10th June. The Tour will take in 25 French cities (including the ten host cities) and is set to attract up to 300,000 visitors. Creative agency Space has designed and built a specially designed train containing a UEFA Euro 2016 exhibition which houses the star attraction, the Henri Delaunay trophy.
Space was briefed to ignite the fervour and passion of football fans of all ages with a range of digital and interactive opportunities. The exhibition includes photography and interaction with brand ambassadors on the platform at each station while visitors are queuing, plus separate experiences in each of the five carriages:
- The first carriage contains the trophy itself (with a photo opp for visitors) and creates the sensation of walking into the Stade de France with a cheering crowd of thousands
- The second carriage is a perspective-challenging, seemingly infinite changing room and contains memorabilia from the previous European Championship tournaments, with a focus on the French team and the new adidas ball that will be used at the matches
- The third carriage focuses on the official song of the tournament written by globally-renowned DJ David Guetta with the addition of thousands of fans’ voices through an app. It features a recording booth that links fans’ renditions of the song to their Facebook pages
- Carriage four, aimed at younger visitors, showcases the flags of the competing nations and the previous mascots of the European Championships as well as Super Victor, the mascot of Euro 2016
- The fifth carriage is for VIP events and features some the tournament’s major sponsors.
David Atkinson, managing partner Space, which was appointed by UEFA, the governing body for European football following a competitive pitch, comments: “The Euro 2016 Trophy Tour will galvanise French and European anticipation and excitement around the Championships and we’re proud to have been granted the chance to create it. The attraction builds and builds with each experience and delivers the perfect appetiser for what is sure to be a thrilling tournament in 2016. The ambition from UEFA to reach the widest possible audience will surely be delivered both live and through the digital and social activity created on the Tour.”
The 2016 UEFA European Championship, commonly referred to as UEFA Euro 2016 or simply Euro 2016, will be the 15th tournament for men’s national football teams organised by UEFA. It will be held in France from 10 June to 10 July 2016.