Founder of LIVE – Experiential & In-store Staffing Experts
What makes a good agency leader?
- Appreciating your team are the most important people in the company…
- Ensuring your vision for the business is presented, everyone is aligned in achieving the goal(s) and everybody is updated as to the progress
- Cliché, but encouraging a culture that enables a positive Work/Life balance
What makes your job exciting?
Delivering the ‘unknown’ and problem solving for example:
- How do we achieve that commercial target we’ve set ourselves?!
- How do we crack that brief, win the business?
- How are we going to deliver this project?
What do you consider to be a personal professional achievement?
- Setting up a business (LIVE) in the recession, delivering growth year on year and still working with our founding clients over 6 years later
What are your goals for you and the team you work with?
- Continued client satisfaction
- Excellence in our delivery of campaigns
- Continued Growth
- Working with Land Rover….
How do you react to a challenging brief?
- All briefs are challenging – if the answer was easy, why would they need an expert?
- We rise to the challenge and the key is to get organised and stick to a plan…
What was a favourite event or campaign to work on (last 12 months)?
Working with an iconic classic brand in a subject close to our hearts – the wonderful world of literature….
After securing a 4-way pitch, we were tasked with the following brief;
- Delight our audience with an exciting and timely event allowing Penguin to give back over a busy festive period.
- Create awareness of our breadth of titles and of Penguin as an entertaining, authoritative, and fun destination with something for all book lovers.
- Celebrate the incredible stories, ideas and writing that have inspired the world by finding a new way to connect them to readers.
- Encourage word of mouth around our exciting new titles.
- We created 2 giant life sized advent calendars, which opened up to reveal the current top 20 penguin book titles (surprising passersby)
- Throughout December we visited the major London train stations and also Manchester and Birmingham
- Consumers were invited to pick out a ticket from a ‘lucky dip,’ if they got an orange ticket they instantly won a book of their choice. If they pulled a black ticket, they were encouraged to go online posting a picture with #dearpenguin to win the entire set.Results:
- Over 6,000 top 20 books given away
- Social media traffic across Facebook, Instagram and in excess of over 10,000 twitter interactions
- Sales increase of 400% at station concourse WHSmiths outlets
What brand would you most like to work with? Why?
Land Rover – albeit ‘still’ a British icon. They’ve constantly pushed boundaries in design, innovation and performance. Prestige, leaders and arguably market leaders in the global 4×4 market
What is on the horizon at work in the next 12 months?
Initial highlights at the start of 2016 include;
- Expanding the team due to a new client win late last year
- Launching an exciting new game/app through a series of Experiential activations
- Getting a meeting with Land Rover!
Who do you find inspirational? Why?
My wife – she’s an exceptional model of an elite businesswoman, while juggling being the best Mum to our daughters ( and she puts up with me…)